If you received a call or email from Sedgwick you may be wondering who they are and why they are contacting you. This article aims to answer those questions for you!
Sedgwick: Who they are
Sedgwick is a company that helps people and businesses manage their insurance claims and risks. They started in 1969 and now have over 27,000 employees in 65 countries. Their main job is to send adjusters to investigate claims. The individuals that investigate the claims are adjusters.
What does an adjuster do:
They look into what happened and how much money should be paid to the injured person (the person making the claim). In other words, the adjuster investigates what happened and determines how much money should be paid out.
For example, if someone gets into a car accident and files a claim with their insurance company, the Sedgwick adjuster will investigate the accident by reviewing the police report, talking to witnesses, and inspecting the damaged vehicles. They may also speak with medical professionals to get a better understanding of any injuries sustained in the accident.
After gathering all of the information, the adjuster will determine how much money should be paid out to the person making the claim. This can include things like medical expenses, lost wages, and compensation for pain and suffering.
What types of claims do adjusters work on:
Adjusters also work on other types of insurance claims, like property damage and liability claims. In these cases, they may need to inspect the property or talk to experts to determine the cause of the damage.
What do I do if someone from Sedgwick contacts me:
If you’re injured and Sedgwick contacts you, it’s important to know what to do. This will ensure you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve. Here are some steps you can take:
- Take notes. Write down the date and time of the call, the name and phone number of the person who called you, and what was discussed during the call.
- Ask questions. Ask the Sedgwick representative what the purpose of the call is and what they need from you. Ask for details about the claims process and what you can expect in terms of compensation.
- Get medical treatment. If you haven’t already done so, seek medical treatment for your injuries. Make sure to document all of your medical expenses and keep records of any treatments you receive.
- Document your injuries. Take photos of any visible injuries and keep a journal documenting your symptoms and how they’re affecting your daily life.
- Consider consulting with a personal injury attorney. If you’re not sure what your rights are or how to proceed with your claim, consider consulting with a personal injury attorney. They can help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Attorney:
If Sedgwick contacts you after you’ve been injured, it can be helpful to consult with a personal injury attorney. Here are some ways an attorney can help you:
- Evaluate your claim. A personal injury attorney can review your case and determine if you have a valid claim. They can help you understand your rights and what compensation you may be entitled to.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. An attorney can negotiate with Sedgwick on your behalf to help you get the compensation you deserve. They have experience dealing with insurance companies and can help ensure that your rights are protected.
- Gather evidence. An attorney can help gather evidence to support your claim. This can include things like medical records, police reports, and witness statements.
- Handle paperwork. There is a lot of paperwork involved in the claims process, and an attorney can help ensure that everything is filled out correctly and submitted on time.
- Represent you in court. If your case goes to court, an attorney can represent you and advocate for your rights. They can argue your case in front of a judge and jury and help ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
For more information on what types of question to ask when considering hiring an attorney you can review this blog post.
Remember, it’s important to be cautious when dealing with insurance companies like Sedgwick. While they may seem helpful, their ultimate goal is to protect their own interests, not necessarily yours. Be sure to document everything and consider consulting with an attorney to protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.